Who can come to ISEN as an exchange student?

To come to ISEN Ouest as an exchange student you must be nominated by one of our partner universities.

Check with the International Office at your home institution to see whether there is an agreement with ISEN and whether you are eligible to go on an exchange. Your home university will inform you of its procedure for selecting and nominating exchange students and will specify its particular academic and foreign language requirements. Your international coordinator will also tell you which subjects you can study during your exchange period at ISEN. 

Once ISEN has received the list of officially nominated students from your home university, you will be contacted by email and given access to our online enrolment form.

It is not essential to speak French in order to be admitted to ISEN as an exchange student. However, you need to make proof of sufficient proficiency in the language in which the classes you have chosen are taught. Therefore, a B2 level in French is required for French taught classes and a B2 level in English is required for English taught classes. 

One semester exchange

ISEN Ouest offers one-semester exchange periods in the following professional majors : Energy, Marine Technologies, Software development, Robotics and Drones,  IoT, Embedded systems, Electric mobility.

    • Autumn semester : September-January
    • Spring semester : January-April


Available classes are presented in our course catalogue.

French language classes are available on request.

Semester exchange students do not qualify for the ISEN Engineering degree. Subject to timetable constraints, they can choose any of the classes available during their chosen study period. However, please note that exchange students are responsible for ensuring that their study programme meets the academic requirements of their home university. 

Full-time students at ISEN study a semester programme worth 30 ECTS credits. Semester exchange students may study courses up to a maximum of 30 ECTS. A smaller course load can be accepted by ISEN, but this must be authorised by the exchange student’s home university.


Application process & required documents

All exchange students are officially nominated by their home university international coordinator. Nominated students will receive an email including a link to our online enrolment form. 


During the online application process you will be required to upload the following documents :

  • Home university Transcripts (English version, showing ECTS credits)
  • A valid B2 level English language test certificate : TOEIC (min. 785), TOEFL-IBT (min . 72) or equivalent test (Cambridge, Duolingo)
  • A valid B2 level French language certificate (required to study scientific classes in French only)
  • The identity page of your passport or national identity card (for EU citizens)
  • A passport-sized ID photo


For key dates and application deadlines, click here.



For more information about accommodation, click here.

#Bienvenue en France label

ISEN West is accredited with the « Bienvenue en France » label, receiving two out of three stars, a mark of quality awarded by Campus France. This label recognizes the excellence of our services aimed at international students, covering recruitment, welcome, integration, and support during and after their studies.

65% of international students choose an accredited institution for their education. This distinction favorably positions us on the international stage, adding significant value to our academic offerings and confirming our commitment to providing high-quality education and a rewarding student experience.